Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Infamous Introduction Post

Welcome to my blog, dear reader!

This is my first post, as you can see. Before we get on to the polish goodness, I'm inclined to tell you a little bit about myself - of course you can skip this (almost embarrassingly long) post if you're not interested.

My name is Andrea, I'm fairly new to the colorful world of nail polish, not-so-new to writing a blog, and very new to blogger. I just recently turned 24 and work as a foreign language correspondence clerk. I graduated from a special school focusing on foreign languages one and a half years ago as a translator and interpreter for French, specializing in the Arts, and I have a strong passion for English - who would've guessed? Spanish is also a cool language, but I'm horribly out of practice there, so I understand it better than I can speak or write it myself.

Apart from nail polish, I love books and music a lot. I love to sing. I don't consider myself really good or anything, but it's one of my favorite things to do. I listen to all sorts of music. I don't care if it's heavy metal, pop, rock, country or WHATEVER as long as the melody, beat, lyrics, vocals, etc. appeal to me. And books... oh, books! How I adore them. My most beloved favorites are "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden and the "Tales of the Otori" series by Lian Hearn. Of course I read them in English... so so so wonderful. I also like some classics, for example "The Sorrows of Young Werther" and "Hamlet". Did you know that the saying "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark" comes from Hamlet? Okay, I'm done being a smartass now.

My home is southern Germany, so you can expect mainly nail polishes from brands based in Europe, not so much the US-based brands like OPI, Zoya or China Glaze, although I do have some of the latter. Unfortunately they were quite expensive, though your idea of "expensive" probably depends on your budget. My favorite colors are purple/violet/lilac and all kinds of blue or aqua tones. Teals and turquoises are also lovely. I'm not so much into reds, oranges, pinks or browns. I prefer the "cold" color palette - it's up to you to decide whether that reflects my character or not; I just think that the warm tones don't look so good on me, but I may be wrong.

So, this is more or less everything I can think of for the moment - if there's anything you'd like to know feel free to ask.

Hope to read you all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Danke, dass du dir die Zeit genommen hast, hier zu lesen und zu kommentieren!/Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!